Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Epiphany in Stresa

This time last year I was in Stresa, Lake Maggiore with my family looking forward to the Procession of the Three Kings to be held on January 6th. My friend Tatiana of Italian Slow Walks asked me if I would write a guest post on her blog about my experience. You can read all about it at this link:

http://santatatiana.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/procession-of-the-re-magi-the-three-wise-kings/

Here are some photos from the day, most of which were kindly taken by our friend Giuseppe:

Variety of traditional winter foods in Piazza Cadorna

Amy warming her hands on the beautiful lit log

Shepherds with goats and sheep on the way to the procession

Our costumes
I Tre Re Magi

Preparations in Palazzo dei Congressi

The three of us joining the procession

The Three Kings in Piazza Cadorna

A sweet little angel

Court of King Herod
Villa Ducale Stresa
Chimney sweeps (spazzacamini) on the left

The live presepe with the main participants
   Previously I’ve written another guest post about a day in Stresa at the Rocca Angera on my friend Dana’s blog Stresa Sights. In case you missed it you can read about it here:
http://stresasights.blogspot.com/2010/04/la-rocca-angera.html

No comments:

Post a Comment